- Asda Travel Money takes the uncertainty out of buying travel money and gives you a great rate and service you can trust.
Asda’s Euro Exchange Rate service is quick and simple to use; allowing you to exchange your pounds to Euros at a time and place that’s convenient for you. This guide explains more about Asda Travel Money and how you can convert your pounds to Euros before you jet off on holiday to somewhere in Europe.
Why choose Asda’s Euro Exchange rate service?
Asda has several benefits that you can take advantage of when buying your Euros; look at the list below for more information.
- Over 50 currencies available
- Click and Collect for FREE in selected Asda stores
- Next day home delivery for just £3.95
- FREE Home delivery for orders of £500 or more
- No card fees when you pay with an Asda Cashback Credit Card
- The minimum order available for home delivery is £50
Order Euros from Asda Euro Exchange Rate
When it comes to buying Euros from Asda, there are several methods that you can go about obtaining them.
One of the most convenient and quickest ways to buy Euros from Asda is to buy online. You can choose to click and collect for free or have them delivered straight to your home.
It’s important to note that Euro exchange rates at Asda vary depending on whether you buy in-store, on the Asda website or over the phone. Make sure you leave plenty of time to buy your Euros before you go to Europe so that you can buy them when they’re at the best price.
- Click and Collect for free
- Free home delivery for orders of £500 or more, or get next day home delivery for just £3.95
Asda have over 140 Travel Money bureaux across the country, meaning that you’re never too far from a store to buy your Euros.
They’re also open 7 days a week and can offer you same day collection on Euros in many of their nationwide stores.
What’s more, Asda Euro Exchange Rate promises to beat any like-for-like quote on Euros that you obtain from one of their competitors.
- £5 off Euros when purchased in-store, on orders £300 and over using your Asda Credit Card
- Same day collection on Euros in selected stores
- Open 7 days a week
- Over 140 Asda Euro Exchange Rate bureaux nationwide
- If you find a better rate within 5 miles of your local Asda Travel Money bureau, the Exchange Rate Guarantee means Asda will beat it!
Pre-Paid currency card
The Asda pre-paid Travel Money card is available in 7 currencies (including the ever-popular Euro) and can be used at over 2 million ATMs all over the world.
There is no transaction fee when spending your Euros on your pre-paid card and it can be easily topped up online. It’s a much safer way to carry your Euros around with you, as you don’t run the risk of losing your Euros that you’ve got in cash.
Once topped up, you can use your Asda Money travel Card to:
- Withdraw money from cash machines abroad without transaction fees. Please bear in mind that, as in the UK, some cash machine providers do charge a fee
- Pay for products and services in the 36,000,000 shops, restaurants and hotels which accept Mastercard
What other currencies is a currency card available in?
- South African Rand
- Australian Dollars
- Canadian Dollars
- New Zealand Dollars
How to get more out of your currency card
The Asda Travel Money card can be used in millions of ATMs, shops and restaurants all over Europe. So, whether you’re visiting sunny Spain or romantic Paris, you can rest-assured that your Euros will be well stored on your pre-paid to use at any time.
With the Asda Travel Money card, you can:
- Check how many Euros you have left on your card
- Review your transactions
- Top up your card with more Euros as and when you need to
Why lose out on unspent Euros?
Arriving home from a trip to Europe to discover that you’ve got lots of unspent Euros left can be frustrating. Thankfully, Asda offer a buy back guarantee where they’ll buy back the Euros that you didn’t spend on holiday; at 0% commission.
When you buy your Euros initially, you’ll also be given the opportunity to purchase Asda’s Buy Back Guarantee for £3.99. This means that Asda will buy back your Euro notes at the original exchange rate when you first bought them.
Asda Euro Exchange Rate Buy Back Guarantee terms and conditions
- Buy Back Guarantee transactions can only be redeemed at Asda Travel Money bureaux.
- Buy Back Guarantee transactions can only be given in respect of foreign currency bank notes, not coins.
- Buy Back Guarantee is not available in respect of the Asda Travel Money Currency Card.
- If you select Buy Back Guarantee, a fee for Buy Back Guarantee is applied to each item in your order – that is, for Euros bank notes, with the exclusion of Asda Travel Money Currency Cards.
- Only one Buy Back Guarantee transaction can be completed in relation to each original transaction.
- Buy Back Guarantee is non-transferable and conditional on presentation of the original receipt or confirmation email and a valid passport when returning Euro notes.
- Asda Travel Money reserves the right to change the terms of or withdraw Buy Back Guarantee at any time and with immediate effect, without liability to you.
- To redeem your Buy Back Guarantee, take your confirmation email or receipt along with any leftover currency to your local Asda Travel Money Bureau, before the expiry date shown (45 days from purchase).
What other currencies can I order through ASDA?
As well as offering great exchange rates on the Euro, Asda also buy and sell numerous other currencies from around the world, including:
- US Dollars
- Turkish Lira
- Canadian Dollar
- Hungarian Forint
- Icelandic Króna
Frequently asked questions
When purchasing your Euros from Asda, you may have a few questions that you need answering before you buy. Look at the guide below on some of the most frequently asked questions about buying Euros from Asda.
How many Euros can I order online (Min/Max)?
From the Asda Travel Money website, you can order a minimum of £50 up to a maximum amount of £2500, per person, per day.
What ID do I need to show when collecting my Euros from Asda?
When collecting Euros from an Asda store, you will bring required to bring the payment card you used to purchase your Euros, as well as a valid photo ID such as your passport or UK driving licence.
Are there any charges for using my credit or debit card?
There are no charges incurred when purchasing Euros from Asda. However, it’s important to bear in mind that your card provider may apply a fee, but Asda Euro Exchange Rate will not.
What are the home delivery charges for Euros?
If you buy your Euros online from Asda and spend over £500, then home delivery is free. However, on all orders of Euros under £500, you will be charged a delivery fee of £3.95.
When will I receive my order?
For click and collect orders, you can obtain your Euros as below:
|Order placed||Order placed before 2pm||Order placed after 2pm|
|Day||Earliest available collection (14-day window)|
|Monday||Tuesday after 3pm||Wednesday after 3pm|
|Tuesday||Wednesday after 3pm||Thursday after 3pm|
|Wednesday||Thursday after 3pm||Friday after 3pm|
|Thursday||Friday after 3pm||Monday after 3pm|
|Friday||Monday after 3pm|
|Saturday||Tuesday after 3pm|
|Sunday||Tuesday after 3pm|
Can I cancel my order?
If you choose to purchase your Euros online and collect it from the Asda Travel Money bureau then you will have the option to cancel your order, providing that you give the store 24-hours’ notice. If not, you will be charged a late cancellation fee of £10.
However, if you have placed a home delivery for your Euros, then you will not be able to cancel or amend your order once it has been confirmed.
How do I find my nearest Asda Euro Exchange Rate bureau?
Once you’ve checked the current Euro exchange rate on Besteuroexchangerate.co.uk (link to homepage), you can then visit the Asda Travel Money website to find your nearest bureau.
Conclusion – Asda Travel Money Euro exchange rate
Asda Travel Money is a great option to choose when looking to purchase Euros. They offer an excellent Buy Back guarantee service, as well as free click and collect and free delivery on home orders over £500.