- Buying your travel money just got easier and cheaper thanks to Post Office Travel Money.
- With free delivery and some of the best exchange rates available, you can really stretch your travel money further
|Currency||Exchange rate||£500 Gets You|
|Euro (EUR)||1.1111||555.55||Buy Now|
|See all rates|
About Post Office Euro Exchange Rate
The Post Office are one of the UK’s most trusted providers of travel money, especially Euros. With various ways to buy your Euros, including online, over the phone or in-store, the Post Office offer a quick and convenient service.
Pros of purchasing Euros from the Post Office:
- Order Euros online – collect in 2 hours from your nearest Post Office branch or get next day delivery
- Order between £400 and £2,500
- The Post Office will buy back your unused Euros
- Avoid notoriously bad exchange rates on the Euro at airports, hotels and train stations
- Competitive exchange rates between the pound and the Euro
Ways to buy your Euros
The Post Office offers numerous ways to buy your Euros so that you can obtain them at a time and place that suits you. They also operate a 0% commission policy whether you’re buying or selling Euros.
Click and Collect
The Post Office’s Click and Collect service permits you to order your Euros online and then pick them up almost immediately after; a great feature if you’re in a rush to buy Euros before you go on holiday.
- Order Euros online before 2pm Monday to Friday and they can be ready to collect at a selected Post Office branch in just two hours
- Some Post Office branches are open from 7.30am to 10.30pm and some are even open on Sundays
- Save time and pick your Euros up from a dedicated Travel Money counter in some larger branches
Home delivery service
As well as their Click and Collect service, the Post Office also offer a free and secure home delivery service on Euros, as well as numerous other currencies.
- Free delivery on orders over £500 or more
- £4.99 delivery for orders under £500
- It’s a secure and safe service – the Post Office use Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm
- Order by 2pm and get your Euros delivered straight to your door the next working day
Travel Money Card
The Post Office’s Travel Money Card is an excellent alternative to taking Euros in cash with you on holiday. It’s more safe and secure as you won’t be at risk of losing cash or having it stolen. You can also store multiple currencies on your card, not just Euros, which makes it even more convenient.
- Prepaid re-loadable multi-currency card
- Secure, easy to use and convenient
- Accepted in 36 million locations, in over 200 countries, including everywhere that accepts the Euro
- Use the Post Office Travel app to track your spending and top up your card with Euros
- One prepaid Mastercard® that can store up to 13 currencies
- The card also comes contactless-enabled, so that you can quickly use your Travel Money card almost anywhere that accepts Euros as their main currency
- You can purchase the Travel Money card in your local Post Office or online
- Minimum top up of £50 to a maximum of £5000
- You can have a maximum balance equaling a maximum of £10,000 or an annual balance of £30,000
- With regards to cash withdrawals of the Euro, you can withdraw a maximum of €450 at any one time
- Monthly maintenance fee of £2 if you don’t use your card for 12 months. More benefits
As well as all the incredible features that you can expect from the Post Office Travel Money card, there are also numerous benefits to take advantage of. It’s a great way to carry your Euros around with you when on holiday as it’s much easier and more convenient than carrying huge amounts of cash.
- Withdraw Euros from over two million ATMs worldwide
- Chip & PIN and contactless-enabled
- Separate from your bank account to reduce the risk of identity theft
- The card is free to obtain; you can load between £50 and £5,000 (subject to passing an address verification check)
- The Post Office will block lost or stolen cards and send a new one to your home or holiday address
- You can withdraw cash over the counter from any Post Office branch on your return
Why do Post Office Euro exchange rates change?
Unfortunately, no Euro exchange rate ever stays the same; the Post Office euro exchange rate is no different.
There can be several reasons why the Euro exchange rate might change.
- Euro exchange rates change when the demand for a currency goes up or down.
Increased business activity or fluctuating interest rates in a country are just some of the reasons why the Euro exchange rate might fluctuate
- How many Euros you’ll receive will likely change daily according the exchange rate at the time of purchase.
Currency Buy Back
Another great feature of the Post Office and their Travel Money service is that they can offer you currency buy back on your unspent Euros.
The Post Office has over 2,500 branches who can buy back your unused Euros without even needing to see your original purchase receipt.
However, it’s also important to bear in mind that buy back rates from the Post Office may differ somewhat between their online service and in-store.
- The Post Office can offer to buy back any Euros that you didn’t spend on your trip
- You can sell your Euros at all Post Office travel exchange branches across the country; 2,500 branches won’t even require your original purchase receipt to buy them back
Frequently Asked Questions
While the Post Office is an excellent choice when it comes to purchasing Euros, you may still have a few unanswered questions. The FAQ’s below will hopefully answer everything you need to know about buying euros online from the Post Office.
Does the Post Office charge a fee for debit or credit card cards, or any other fees?
You may incur some charges when purchasing Euros from the Post Office; these will be displayed during the order process when purchasing your Euros.
You’ll likely be charged a delivery fee, if you choose to have your Euros ordered at a specific date or time that’s not included under the free delivery service.
How can I get Euros today?
Once you’ve checked the current Post Office euro exchange rate against all other providers and you are happy to then make your purchase, you can visit the Post Office website and order online for collection in-store the same day.
However, it’s important to bear in mind that you’ll need to check whether your local Post Office store has enough Euros in stock for you to buy.
How many Euros can I order online?
The minimum amount of Euros you can order online is £400; the maximum is £2,500.
Are there any import or export restrictions when buying/selling Euros?
If you plan to buy or return more than €10,000 in cash, then you must complete a Cash Declaration form.
What Euro denominations will I receive?
There is no set rule to the Euro denominations that you’ll receive; it will likely depend on the denominations that your local Post Office branch has in-store.
Sometimes you will be provided with a combination of small and large notes for your convenience.
How will I know that the Euro transaction has been successful?
You will receive an on-screen confirmation message if your Euro order has been successful; you’ll also receive a confirmation email.
If I’m buying/exchanging Euros in a Post Office branch do I need to bring Identification?
If you purchase Euros in a Post Office branch and are paying by card then you will be required to provide either your passport, a valid UK driving licence or an EEA ID card for proof of identification.
Are the Post Office Euro rates the same online as they are in branch?
The euro rates offered online are always cheaper than in store. It is our advice to always buy online and collect or book free home delivery.
What Euro exchange rate will I get on my order?
The Euro exchange rate that you will get on your order will depend on the current exchange rate at the time of purchase; it changes daily so keep up to date with the current Euro exchange rate by bookmarking this site.
What is a Euro buy back rate?
The Euro buy back rate from the Post Office is the rate that is used when you sell your unused Euros back to the Post Office. It is often a different exchange rate than when you first purchased your Euros.
Conclusion – Post Office Euro exchange rate
The Post Office can offer great exchange rates on many of their currencies, primarily on the pound to euro exchange rate.
You can choose to order your Euros online and opt for home delivery or collect in store, or you can go directly into a Post Office branch and purchase Euros from there.